Our Picks: Best Board Games for Girls
Wondering what the best board games for girls are to keep them entertained throughout the year, or thinking of a perfect gift for a loved one? With so many options for board games for girls out there, we have organized our favorite board games for girls of all ages below.
Any game that teaches strategy and decision making is excellent for girls. Games benefit girls’ brains, upgrades their social development and teaches them life lessons like overcoming challenges (source). But, girls just want to have fun too. So, this top board games for girls list will be a mix of games that teach us things as well as games that don’t teach us anything but are good-old wholesome family fun.
I will admit that once girls get a little older (8+), the options become a lot wider (girls 8+ can play almost any board game except adult party games, but note there is a kids version of Cards Against Humanity). But there are still is a bit of choice for board games for girls age around 4-8 as I will discuss below. In that regard, I will be listing the best board games for girls age 3+, then 4+, 5+, 6+, 7+, 8+ and teens.
I have girls, and my wife was a girl not so long ago, so we are a pretty good authority on this kind of stuff! You can trust us.
Although there are really no games just for girls (even the boys can play princess theme games), and girls can play any games that boys can, in our experience with our daughters, these below games are the most replayed in our household:
Best Board Games For Girls Age 3+
1. Candy Land
This is one of our family’s favourites! Played by every generation, but ideally suited for ages 3+, Candy Land is a perfect beginner board game in which players race to the castle. It is a perfect board game for the little ones as there no reading required; you just play using the wonderfully colourful graphics that girls love!
- CLASSIC BEGINNER GAME: Do you remember playing Candy Land when you were a kid? Introduce new generations to this sweet kids' board game
- RACE TO THE CASTLE: Players encounter all kinds of "delicious" surprises as they move their cute gingerbread man pawn around the path in a race to the castle
- NO READING REQUIRED TO PLAY: For kids ages 3 and up, Candy Land can be a great game for kids who haven't learned how to read yet
- GREAT GAME FOR LITTLE ONES: The Candy Land board game features colored cards, sweet destinations, and fun illustrations that kids love
Zingo is a bingo-like matching game that teaches pre-readers to match pictures and words to their challenge cards, which helps in encouraging and teaching young girls to read.
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles.
- Develops critical skills – Perfect for pre-readers and early readers, builds language and matching skills in preschool kids through fun, fast-paced play. Zingo is as popular in the classroom with teachers as it is in the home with families!
- What you get - This is the Amazon exclusive version of the world famous game Zingo, one of ThinkFun's best games for kids ages 4 and up, and it includes an extra Zingo card so that up to 7 players can play! Also includes a unique Zinger device that delights players of all ages.
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing right away!
- Award winner - Zingo has won many awards including an Oppenheim Gold, Parents' Choice Award, ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Award, and is a three time Toy of the Year Nominee, which makes it a great gift for boys and girls ages 4 and up.
3. Count Your Chickens
Count Your Chicken is a fun cooperative counting game. It’s easy to play: players work together to help Mother Hen collect her chicks. Girls learn counting and social development skills. There is no reading required, so perfect for little ones. Not to mention, it’s a cooperative game. If all the chicks are brought back to the coup, everyone wins! This game is made by Peaceable Kingdom, which makes a lot of stealth learning games for kids.
- FARM FUN: The baby chicks have flown the coop & Mama Hen needs help to bring them back. Spin & count numbers to travel and collect chicks while working together. Gather all the chicks & everyone wins!
- COOPERATIVE COUNTING: Remove competitive stress, empower young learners & teach kids that playing together can be fun! A counting game to help kids learn at a young age how easy it is to cooperate!
- BENEFITS:Cooperative games cultivate emotional development, shared decision making, positive self esteem, creative problem solving and develop a sense of community in a non-stressful play environment.
- WHO CAN PLAY: From 2-4 kids ages 3 and older can enjoy Count your Chickens. Includes: 1 game board, 1 mother hen with stand, 40 baby chick markers, 1 spinner and instructions. Game play is approximately 15 minutes.
- PLAYING IS GROWTH: Frequent play for children is beneficial on many levels. Play creates opportunity for social skill development, numerous cognitive benefits, and can improve emotional well being.
4. The Ladybug Game
A great first board game for girls, The Ladybug Game helps develop counting. You daughter will have to lead their ladybug home to the Rose Garden while avoiding the Praying Mantis. Girls tend to love the cute pictures in this board game.
- A NEW ADVENTURE EVERY TIME KIDS PLAY: Feed the ants, escape the praying mantis, and deliver Ladybug safely home in this colorful board game invented by a first grader. It's fun for the whole family!
- BOARD GAMES FOR EVERYONE: Our games for kids are designed to be inclusive and fun for all ages so the entire family can play together. This is a great first game for toddlers ages 3 and up.
- LEARNING MATH & READING DURING PLAY: The Zobmondo!! Ladybug Game introduces your child to basic math concepts as they learn addition and subtraction. They will even learn some cool stuff about bugs!
- BOARD GAMES FOR KIDS MAKE A GREAT GIFT: Our cheerful family games make a great hostess gift or housewarming present. Whatever the holiday or occasion, make any get-together more fun with a game for everyone.
- OVER 1 MILLION GAMES SOLD: Zobmondo's award-winning games are inspired by family, friends, and customers we love. They are designed to create special game-night memories that will last a lifetime.
Best Board Games for Girls Age 4+
1. Hungry Hungry Hippos
In this board game players work to gobble up as many marbles as quickly as possible with their hippos. An excellent board game for girls ages 4+ and for groups because its best played with four players. There’s not much social skills or learning developed with this game, but it sure is fun, and my girls love it.
- Classic Hungry Hippos game has 4 hippo heads and bodies plus marbles for them to chomp
- 20 marbles included
- One golden marble, cleanup is a snap with the marble and hippo storage
- Game base comes with 4 hippo heads, 4 hippo bodies, 4 marble launchers and guides, 20 plastic marbles, label sheet and instructions
2. The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
This is a great game for girls because it teaches strategic thinking and motor skills. It’s not so simple that it gets boring. To play this game, you spin the spinner, get an option to strategically “pick an acorn,” “steal an acorn,” or “lose an acorn,” and then squeeze the matching colored acorn with your Squirrel Squeezers to place it into your log. Be the first to fill your log with delicious acorns, and you win!
- BOARD BOOK & GAME COMBO: Sneaky, our favorite squirrel, now has a brand-new board book! Perfect for preschoolers to master color matching skills
- GAME INCLUDES: colorful tree-shaped game board, 1 squirrel squeezer, 20 colored acorns, 1 game spinner, 4 logs, and instruction guide
- HOW TO PLAY: Spin the spinner and pick up the matching acorn with your Squirrel Squeezer, placing it in your log. The first to collect 5 acorns wins. NO READING REQUIRED
- AWARD WINNING GAME: Winner of Parents' Choice Award, Dr. Toy Best Picks, Good Housekeeping Best Toy, Canadian Toy Testing Council, and NAPPA Games Honors award
- OUR PLAYFUL PROMISE: Our team stands proudly behind our playful products, that's why we offer a 365 day risk-free guarantee on every purchase
3. Hoot Owl Hoot! Cooperative Board Game
In this board game, girls get to work together and make decisions to help the owls fly back to their nest. Your girls will learn problem-solving and strategic thinking. Unlike basic roll a dice and move your character games (i.e. Chutes and Ladders), your daughter gets to make strategic decisions like which owl to move and which colour to move to. When my daughter was 4, this was the first real board game she played for real. She said she liked the strategy, which, to the best of my belief, was the first time she ever understood that concept in a board game.
- Hurry little owls: In this color-coordinated matching game, players cooperate to help the owls fly back to their nest before the sun comes up. Help all the owls home before sunrise and everyone wins!
- Learning and growing: Kids learn simple strategy, following directions & taking turns. Two levels of play allow the game to grow with your child and lets older kids play with younger ones too.
- Benefits: Cooperative games cultivate emotional development, shared decision making, positive self-esteem, creative problem solving, and develop a sense of community in a non-stressful play environment.
- How to play: Play a color card and fly to that space. Draw a sun card and you're one step closer to daylight. Players can move any owl on their turn and talk together about how to get owls home & win.
- Who can play: 2-4 Players. Recommended for Ages 4-8. Game includes 1 game board, 6 owl tokens, 1 sun token, 14 sun cards, 36 color cards and instructions for two versions of gameplay
4. Cupcake Party
It’s a cupcake party with all the Disney Princesses! To play this board game, collect the ingredients on the recipe cards, and make as many before the clock runs out. Over 2000 reviewers gave this game five stars!
- What you get - Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Party Game comes with 40 cupcake parts, 15 game tiles, 10 recipe cards, and instructions.
- Fun play experience - you can play a game in 30 minutes, and it's perfect for 2-5 players ages 3 and up, Which makes this a perfect gift for families or friends who love to play games together.
- Easy to understand instructions - high quality, Easy to understand instructions make it possible to start playing right away.
- Develops critical skills - this game helps preschoolers practice their focus, memory, and matching skills.
- Long term quality - Since its launch in 2007, Wonder Forge has consistently offered top-quality experiences, raising the bar for preschool and family games everywhere. The preschool titles celebrate the “can do” attitude in all kids - engaging them physically, socially, and creatively. The family games bridge generation gaps and create wholesome family moments and lasting memories.
Best Board Games for Girls Age 5+
This simple and fun strategy game is a perfect board game for girls (and for the whole family! – adults like it too). In Blokus players take turns building out their territories by placing pieces on the board. Designed for ages 5+ and 2-4 players.
- Perfect strategy game for the whole family -- less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages!
- Players take turns placing their 21 pieces on the board: each piece must touch another of the same color, but only at the corners!
- Stake your claim and protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while strategically blocking your opponents!
- The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins!
- Japanese (Publication Language)
2. Top Bright
In this game, players take turns to roll a dice or pick the cards, then remove a block of the corresponding color and put it on the top of the tower. If the tower falls over, you lose. This is the perfect all-season game as it can be enjoyed indoors and outdoors. Girls will love the pretty colors. My daughter says it is more exciting and harder than Jenga.
- CARD IMAGE DRIVE INNOVATION THINKING: The stacking board games for kids ages 4-8 design the special imaged card to stimulate children’s thinking
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: Our colorful block games for kids ages 4-8 are made with natural hardwood and non-toxic water-based paint which makes it safe for you and your child to play with. ASTM approved and CE tested. WARNING: Not suitable for children under three (3) years old
- NEW TWIST ON A CLASSIC STACKING GAME: Build the tower, throw the colorful animal dice. Did you get a lion? A mouse or a frog? The animal on the dice tells you which block to remove. Place the blocks on top until the tower collapses. The games for kids ages 4-8 have six different animals and colors to play with
- LAUGH AND LEARN: Our stacking blocks with bright, vibrant colors and cute cartoon animal faces are loads of fun for young children. It's simple and easy games for kids ages 4-8 to play, promotes the use of hand eye coordination and fine motor control
- 51 PCS WOOD STACKING BLOCKS: The stacking games for kids ages 4-8 include 51 colorful animal blocks, 24 cartoon cards, 1 dice and instructions. Single piece: 2.95 x 0.59 x 0.98 inches
3. The Floor is Lava!
The Floor is Lava! is a game where players use imagination to visualize that the floor is lava while spinning the color wheel to jump to the right foam pieces to reach safety. Little ballerinas will love that you get to jumping and leap instead of playing at a table like a typical board game.
- FUN GAME: The Floor is Lava! is a game where players must imagine the floor is molten hot lava while spinning the color wheel to jump to the right foam pieces to reach safety. The Floor is Lava! is a family game that promotes physical activity, an active imagination, and engaging excitement for kids and adults.
- GREAT PLAY: This great game is best with 2 to 6 players who are ages 5 years old and up. Boys and girls alike will enjoy this game which comes with 25 colored foam “safety stones”, 27 challenge cards, game spinner, and instructions.
- PROMOTES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: This game gets children jumping, leaping, playing, and improving their strength, conditioning, balance, and endurance! Each of these cushioned, durable, slip-resistant foam stepping stones can be used during outdoor parties or indoor sleepovers.
- FUN FOR ALL: Any child or adult will have fun taking part in this quick and easy game! It’s great for everyone, including the kids, adults, men, and women! This game is the most fun at parties and game nights.
- PLAY AT PARTIES: Bring this game to your next party. The rules are easy to learn and the game is difficult to stop playing, it’s that much fun! Whether you are a youth or are older, you’ll enjoy this game. Use some strategy and luck to win!
My daughter wants to play this game all the time. It’s fun to take turns removing sticks while trying to prevent the marbles from dropping through the tube. This is another one of those old-school games parents will remembering playing as a kid too.
- Ker Plunk! is a blast from the past with a cool look and attitude!
- Create a "lattice" of sticks midway through the translucent tube and place the marbles on top; players choose one of four compartments in the base -2 to 4 people can play!
- Players take turns removing sticks while trying to prevent the marbles from dropping through.
- The player with the least number of marbles at the end of the game, wins!
- A fsvorite game from yester-year that's just as much fun today!
5. Pretty Princess Board Game
A board game targeted at girls; in Pretty Princess, players spin the spinner to advance all the while collecting jewellery. The game ends when one player has a complete set of jewellery in their color. It’s a super simple game, but the jewellery is cute, and your girls will love it.
- No reading required
- Cooperative play
- Family game
- Teaches children to play together and at the same time have fun
- Game is based on the original game from 1990's
6. Mermaid Island
Girls love mermaids, and this is a game about mermaids that teaches teamwork, so it’s a win-win. Our whole family was rooting for each other! It’s a good game too because it’s so simple to learn. Players work together to escape to Mermaid Island before the witch gets there, using different “wands” on the way there, which teaches decision-making skills.
- MERMAID ISLAND: In this game, players work together to help mermaids swim to Mermaid Island before the witch gets there. Spin, move, and pick up a wand to defeat the Sea Witch!
- INCLUDES: This game comes with a game board, 3 mermaid tokens, sea witch with stand, 4 wand tokens, spinner, and instructions. This game for kids is the winner of Good Housekeeping’s Best Toy Award.
- GAMING FUN: This game lasts 15 minutes. Children learn strategy and social development skills with no reading required. Mermaid Island is the award winning spin and move game of magical adventure.
- PLAY TOGETHER: For 2 to 6 players who are ages 5 years old and older. Boys and girls work together to help the mermaids swim back to Mermaid Island. If they are successful everyone wins!
- COOPERATIVE TEAMWORK: Teach boys and girls about cooperation with meaningful board games, toys, and educational activities. Kids can play as a team and learn as they cooperate together.
Best Board Games for Girls Age 6+
1. Guess Who
In this classic game, players try to guess each other’s mystery character. The game is designed for two players, ages 6+, but turns can easily be swapped out so that the whole family or groups of friends can enjoy. This particular game provides hours of fun which is why it is at the top of the list for board games for girls! For whatever reason, my girls seem to love this one more than the boys.
- Contains two plastic game units
- Contains 48 Small Face Cards
- Contains deck of 24 mystery face Cards
- Illustrated Instructions included
- Skill Level: starter
2. Operation Electronic Board Game
Operation is the same fantastic game you remember from your childhood! Players play the role of doctor and help to make Cavity Sam, the patient, feel better by strategically removing pieces. It’s pretty easy to play and win, so this is a perfect board game for younger girls just looking for a few minutes of fun.
- CHALLENGING AND FUN KIDS BOARD GAME: Players get to be "the doctor" and make Cavity Sam better or get the buzzer. Easy-grab ailment pieces and large openings help make gameplay fun for kids 6 and up
- SKILL AND COORDINATION: Players use their skill and coordination to remove the patient's "ailments" with the tweezers. Collect the most money by successfully removing the Funatomy parts to win
- INCLUDES DOCTOR CARDS AND SPECIALIST CARDS: Earn money if your removal of the Funatomy part didn't set off the buzzer. If it did, it's not a success and players get to use their Specialist card
- CHILDHOOD MEMORIES: This Operation game with classic gameplay is similar to what many people remember from their childhood. Introduce a new generation to this silly, electronic board game for kids
- FUN AND UNPREDICTABLE GAMEPLAY: The game features a surprising buzzer and a flashing nose when a player hits the sides with the tweezers
3. Connect 4
Designed for ages 6+, Connect 4 is a crowd-pleaser for children of all ages, it is designed for two players but can easily be played as a team or with various players taking turns. Loads of fun for the whole family, which is why it is at the top of the list for best board games for boys!
- Classic Connect 4 game is disc dropping fun
- Choose yellow or red discs. For 2 players
- When you get 4 discs in a row you win
- Includes grid, 2 legs, slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 yellow discs and instructions
- English (Publication Language)
4. Mousetrap Game
This classic family board game challenges players to move their mouse across the board without getting trapped. My girls love all the cool items and objects on the board.
- CLASSIC ZANY ACTION: Do you remember playing the Mouse Trap game when you were a child? Introduce your kids to classic Mouse Trap gameplay
- FUN KIDS BOARD GAME: The Mouse Trap game is an exciting board game for kids. Take it out when your kids have friends over for play dates, sleepovers, and on rainy days
- WATCH OUT FOR THE MOUSETRAP: It's the classic game of mouse-catchin' action! Players move around the gameboard collecting cheese and stealing cheese from other players
- PRACTICE VALUABLE SKILLS: When they play the Mouse Trap board game, kids can practice skills such as construction, cause and effect, and decision-making
- Hasbro (Author)
The Best Board Games for Girls
Best Board Games for Girls Age 7+
A classically famous board game for girls, and their parents, Labyrinth challenges players to find the shortest distance through the labyrinth to win! Designed for ages 7+, this game teaches cause and effect and is sure to bring lots of laughs and hours of fun! My wife says this was her favourite game as a girl for many years.
- Fun play experience – In Labyrinth, Ravensburger’s hugely popular board game for boys and girls and their parents, you have to find the shortest route through the Labyrinth to win! The game is for 2-4 players aged 7 and up, and the aim is to reach all your treasures and targets as you move through the Labyrinth.
- High quality components – Contains a playing board, 34 maze cards, 24 treasure cards, 4 playing pieces.
- Easy to understand instructions – High quality, Easy to understand instructions make it easy to start playing right away.
- Great replay value – Playing time is 20-30 minutes for 2-4 players age 7 and up. Labyrinth can be played over and over again and makes a great gift for kids and families.
- For ages 7 and up, players learn cause and effect, planning, association, recognition and taking turns.
2. Gravity Maze
Gravity Maze is great because it gets girls into STEM as it’s an engineering and building game. Over 60 challenges are included from beginner to expert. Select a challenge, and build the tower to match the challenge grid, then test your tower with a marble. If the marble clears the goal, you win.
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles
- Develops critical skills – Playing your way through the challenges builds spatial reasoning and planning skills, and is partly an engineering and building toy that provides a great stealth learning experience for young players
- What you get – Gravity Maze is a combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy that's one of the best gifts you can buy for boys and girls age 8 and up It contains 60 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual You can start playing and solving right away
- Comes with multi-level challenges - Gravity Maze comes with 60 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them
3. Googly Eyes
This is a super silly game to play with the girls. Put on the vision-altering googley eyeglasses and draw while your team tries to guess what you’re drawing. My daughter loved it, continually laughing at the ridiculous drawings.
- Unique gameplay players put on the vision distorting glasses and try to draw a challenge for their team to guess before time runs out
- Family fun Great for people of all ages to play together - the goggles make it challenging for everyone to see (and draw) straight
- Easy to learn simple rules with fast gameplay and hilarious results
- Bonus this exclusive edition includes one color smash card game
- Great gift for 4-16 players ages 7 & up
Hedbanz is an easy family game that parents find fun too. Ask “yes” or “no” questions before time runs out to figure out if the cartoon card on your headband is an animal, food or object. It’s an excellent game for girls because they will develop their logic with this game’s question and answer skill-testing method. There is a Disney version too.
- FUN FAMILY GUESSING GAME: Hedbanz is the fast-paced, easy to play question game of “What am I?” Ask “yes” or “no” questions before time runs out to figure out if the cartoon card on your headband is an animal, food or object. Earn 3 scoring badges to win!
- KID-FRIENDLY BOARD GAME: The Hedbanz categories are simple (animal, food or object), allowing everyone, even young children to join in on the family fun! Racing against the timer, each round moves quickly, ramping up your energy and challenging your wit!
- EDUCATIONAL PLAY FOR KIDS: Playing Hedbanz, kids will develop their deductive reasoning skills with the game’s simple question and answer method. Coming up with questions that will lead to answers, kids will also practice their critical thinking skills!
- ENHANCE YOUR GAME WITH THE HEDBANZ APP: Download the FREE app. CAPTURE the player with wacky face filters and turn your friends/family into a dog, cake, beaver, etc! SHARE with family and friends!
- Hedbanz is the classic family guessing game for kids and adults. Requires 2-6 players. Add Hedbanz to your roster of family games and play on your next game night!
Best Board Games for Girls Age 8+
1. Ticket to Ride
Best suited for children 8+, Ticket to Ride, is an ideal board game for girls in teaching business, STEM and geography as players collect and build a variety of railway routes to connect various North American cities! Designed for 2- 5 players, this game is perfect for the whole family!
- STRATEGY GAME: Build your tracks across the United States in this fast-paced and strategic board game. Connect iconic North American cities across a map of the 20th-century USA and build your train routes to earn points
- FUN ADVENTURE GAME: Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure game in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities through North America! LOOKING FOR NEW ADVENTURES? Try Ticket to Ride expansions (Note: Expansions require Ticket to Ride Board Game to play)
- MULTIPLE WAYS OF SCORING POINTS: Players collect train cards that enable them to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who can fulfill their Destination Tickets and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway
- FAST AND EASY TO LEARN: With elegantly simple gameplay, the game can be learned in under 15 minutes and enjoyed time and time again, whether it's your first time building a rail empire or an old favorite
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This family and adult board game can be played with 2 to 5 players. The average playtime is 30-60 minutes. PLAY WITH ALEXA: Using a compatible Echo device, say “Alexa, launch Ticket to Ride” and play against Alexa
Scrabble, a family favorite for over 50 years, is a perfect board game as it teaches spelling and strategy! In this classic game, players take turns to build words across the matrix and can include up to 6 players!
- Scrabble deluxe crossword game
- Made using safe materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- Scrabble deluxe edition game is the classic game with new features
- Wheeled game board turns to each player
3. Monopoly Bundle Package
This Monopoly bundle is a perfect gift for any girls because it teaches business concepts. This package is an excellent value as it includes the original Monopoly, Monopoly Deal and Yahtzee! It is sure to provide hours of entertainment and is best suited for ages 8+.
- CLASSIC MONOPOLY - Buy, sell, dream and scheme your way to riches. Players buy, sell and trade to win
- Build houses and hotels on your properties and bankrupt your opponents to win it all
- CLASSIC YAHTZEE - Dice-rollin' battle game. Includes 5 dice and shaker.
- INCLUDES - Classic Monopoly Board Game, Classic Yahtzee Board Game & Monopoly Deal Game
- INCLUDES - Classic Monopoly Board Game, Monopoly Deal, & Classic Yahtzee Board Game
4. The Game of Life
The classic game from your childhood is back! The Game of Life includes a variety of cards offering exciting options as players move through the ups and downs of life. A perfect board game for girls ages 8+ and 2-4 players.
This phenomenal strategy game is one of the best sellers of all times. It is a great board game for girls for ages 8+ and is timeless with over 2000 different ways the game can be played.
- Fast, simple strategy game - one of the best-selling games of all time
- Players take turns setting and solving secret codes
- More than 2,000 possible combinations make the game different every time it's played
- Teaches STEM and STEAM principles like deductive reasoning and logic
This award-winning game has players working to build and grow their civilization. It requires 3-4 players over the age of 10, but for older children out there it is one of the best games of its kid.
- STRATEGY GAME: Trade, build and settle the Island of CATAN in this addictively fun strategy game previously called Settlers of CATAN. Players control their own civilization and look to spread across a modular hex board in a competition for victory points.
- FUN GAME WITH COUNTLESS REPLAY OPPORTUNITIES: The completely variable board provides great value through nearly limitless replayability. You will never have to play the same game twice. Looking for new adventures? Try CATAN expansions (Note: Expansions require CATAN base game to play).
- BUILD AND/OR JOIN A COMMUNITY: Whether you play as a family, a board game group, or via video conference as you stay at home, CATAN is a social game that provides plenty of opportunities for player interaction. You may even find yourself exploring the exciting world of CATAN tournaments.
- MINUTES TO LEARN AND A LIFETIME TO EXPLORE: The basics of CATAN can be learned in just minutes, but it offers enough depth to remain compelling as you explore strategies and tactics for years to come.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This family and adult board game can be played with 3 or 4 players. We also offer CATAN extension packs for 5-6 players as separate items. The average playtime is 60 minutes.
One of the oldest games on record, this classic Backgammon Set is a perfect board game for boys. Backgammon is played by two players and is best suited for players ages 10+! This particular backgammon set it quite nice-looking too.
Who committed the crime? Eliminate the suspects to discover who did it! This classic mystery game is perfect for ages 8+ and provides hours of fun for the whole family.
- Retro Series Clue game looks like the 1986 edition
- Game has classic wood tokens, retro weapons and die
- Detective Notes and Solution Envelope are vintage
- Card deck has retro graphics
- Includes full-size game board based on the 1986 edition, card deck with retro graphics, 6 classic wood tokens, retro weapons and die, vintage Detective Notes & Solution Envelope, and instructions
9. Cat Crimes
Girls tend to like cats a lot, and this game is all about cats. It is a cat-themed logic game that comes with 60 challenges of increasing difficulty. You have to use the logic cards, to deduct which cat committed the crimes.
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles
- Develops critical skills – Gameplay provides a stealth learning experience, where players learn critical reasoning and logical deduction skills as they solve the increasingly difficult challenges
- What you get - Components are well made and durable, includes a game board, 6 cat pieces, 6 crime tokens, 40 challenges and solutions For players aged 8+, with a fun theme and hilarious artwork
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual You can start playing and solving right away
- Comes with multi-level challenges - Cat Crimes comes with 40 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them
Best Board Games for Teen Girls
What better game in this time than Pandemic, where it’s up to the team of specialists in various fields to find cures for the disease before it’s too late. Players work together, so it teaches teamwork. Plus, it’s kind of neat, the main characters are all girls. This supports an interest in STEM.
- As skilled members of a disease fighting team, you and the other players work together to keep the world safe from outbreaks and epidemics
- Pandemic is a cooperative board game in which players work as a team to treat infections around the world while gathering resources for cures
- 2 – 4 players
- 45 minutes
An excellent game for teen girls, Codenames is a social game where teams compete to see who can make contact with their secret-agents first. Players give out one-word clues to try to determine the identities of 8-9 agents in the field of 25. The hard part is using only one word for the clues. It also makes it pretty funny.
- For 2 8+ Players
- 15 minute playing time
- Age 14 and up
- Ages 14 and up
- English (Publication Language)
3. Unstable Unicorns
This board game for teens is one of Kickstarter’s top 50 most backed projects of all time! Using cute cards, build a unicorn Army, upgrade your army and use the magic combos at your disposable to wipe out the other players. The quality of the cards are high-end, and the card illustrations are just excellent. It is a complicate game, but that’s what makes it so fun for teen girls to challenge themselves.
- Build a Unicorn Army. Betray Your Friends. Unicorns are Your Friends Now.
- Unstable Unicorns is a strategic card game that will destroy your friendships...but in a good way.
- The game was one of Kickstarter’s top 100 most backed projects of all time and has sold over a million copies worldwide.
- Unstable Unicorns won the 2019 People’s Choice Award for Toy of the Year.
- This highly giftable game takes 30–45 minutes to play and is for 2–8 players (recommended for ages 14+). The box contains 135 cards and a rule book and features a magnetic closure. This game is fully playable on its own, and any Unstable Unicorns expansion pack can be added to it.
The Undisputed Authority On Family
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.